Top 10 Reasons to Become a Member of AABD
- FOCUS – The American Association of Bank Directors is the only national trade association that focuses exclusively on the issues, challenges, threats, and opportunities facing bank and savings institution directors.
- ADVOCACY – AABD serves the advocacy needs of its members by representing bank and savings institution directors before the U.S. Congress, state and federal bank regulators and other agencies.
- EDUCATION – Through its affiliate, the Institute for Bank Director Education, AABD members have access to a national clearinghouse for director-specific training and continuing education programs. IBDE also offers its nationally recognized Core Course for Bank Directors, an intensive in-house six hour program on the basics of being an effective bank director, and other programs designed to help outside bank directors become fully cognizant of their duties and responsibilities and to effectively control their personal liability risks.
- EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATION AND D&O INSURANCE – AABD assists banks and savings institutions whose directors have completed the director education certification program to seek discounts and/or better coverage on their D&O insurance.
- ACCESS – AABD staff is readily available to respond to director inquiries on a wide range of issues. A “hot line” is available for those time-sensitive matters.
- INFORMATION – AABD conducts a variety of studies and produces reports on subjects that have a bearing on the duties and responsibilities of bank directors and the personal liability risks they face. These studies and reports are made available to AABD Premium Members for no charge. AABD provides up to date information relevant to bank directors on its website. AABD commissions an annual report on bank director and bank CEO compensation that is provided complimentary to AABD Premium Members.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – The AABD membership list is not for sale or distribution. Member questions and information requests and responses to those requests are confidential.
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIPS – AABD serves the needs of individual directors. Typically, the entire Board joins – at one low price – but AABD also has individual memberships.
- STAFF RESOURCES – AABD maintains a National Capital office with resources to assist AABD members. AABD also relies on its active Board of Advisors and AABD members to support the mission of AABD and to assist AABD members.
- PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP – $695 for the entire Board (or $295 per individual) brings a wealth of information and access to resources for each director and assists AABD in achieving its mission that bank directors should have the right to make good faith business decisions without the threat or risk of personal liability and to be free of onerous regulatory and legal requirements that interfere with the performance of their fiduciary duties to shareholders.
Click here to learn more about different levels of membership and download membership applications.